[Foundation-l] Organization on Wikipedia that deals with content issues.

Oliver Keyes scire.facias at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 12:48:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:30:38 -0600, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A Committee to Deal with Content Issues
> >.

For instance, would such committee (if ever created) tell Arabic Wikipedia
> what
> has to be written in the article Al-Quds/Jerusalem? Would it tell smth to
> English Wikipedia that has any chance to be accepted? I doubt it.
>
> Well, you're probably looking at it the wrong way; if something mediation
committee-like is being talked about, telling X or Z what to do is not the
purpose. Instead it's to get X and Z to (grudgingly) meet at Y. I agree that
the general scope of this needs to be clarified, however. If it's being
talked about in the same vein as the global arbitration committee, there are
problems (the same problems, in fact).