[Foundation-l] Push translation

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 00:33:44 UTC 2010

 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.rs> wrote:

> Interestingly, I have had a completely opposite experiences. When reading a
> Google translation, it is easy for me to decipher what does it mean even if
> it is not gramatically correct. When translating, I often hang on deciding
> what sentence structure to use, or on remembering how a specific words
> translates. GTT solves both problems. My estimate is that I retain half and
> rewrite half of every sentence it produces.

Good points. The real purpose and functionality of GTT and MTT is not
just to base more formal translations on, but to give people a quick
look into what people in another language are saying. If people in
their own respective languages learn to be more formal and less
idiomatic in their writing, they can consider that at least the basic
gist of their writing can be suitably read by almost anyone.

-SC