[Foundation-l] Banner ads in sitenotice

Brandon Harris bharris at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 3 01:32:54 UTC 2010

On 8/2/2010 6:12 PM, MZMcBride wrote:
> A lot of the complaints I heard regarding the Vector rollout were based in
> the fact that the Wikimedia Usability team has subverted and bastardized the
> term "usability" in an attempt to impose purely aesthetic choices on the
> broader community.

	This reads to me like you're trying to start a fight with the Usability
team, and I don't rightly cotton to that idea.  The team is comprised of
many people, all with different opinions to be sure - but they are all
*dedicated to the mission.*

	So you should assume good faith, even if you disagree.

> And in some cases, the Vector skin has demonstrably made
> the site less usable for "long-term Wikimedia contributors."

	I haven't seen any studies or data that supports this claim but I'd be
very interested in seeing this demonstrated.

	It is possible for long-term or power-users of Wikimedia software to
change the skin they use if they find serious fault with Vector.