[Foundation-l] Banner ads in sitenotice

Andrew Garrett agarrett at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 2 12:11:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM, Bod Notbod <bodnotbod at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:43 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Job adverts? Really?. Site notice is for critical stuff (fund raising,
>> servers about to explode) even if you play with the notice to only
>> appear ~%10 of the time.
>
> Personally I was quite pleased to see it.
>
> It can only add to the number of applicants, which I think is a good thing.

Everybody has known for a long time that long-term Wikimedia
contributors are far more sensitive to Foundation imposition of visual
clutter than the average person.

We can only hope that some day we all become just as sensitised to the
clutter we put on the site ourselves ;-).

--
Andrew Garrett
http://werdn.us/