[Foundation-l] Global banners requests for comment

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sun Aug 1 22:42:43 UTC 2010

Hi.

After becoming annoyed yet again at what I view as excessively large and
generally unnecessary global banners, I've started a Requests for comment at
Meta on the issue.[1] It's an attempt to gauge community consensus on the
use of these global banners. The specific focus is to what extent these
global banners should be used for non-fundraising-related reasons.

I've advertised the Requests for comment at the English wiki projects and
obviously I'm advertising it to foundation-l. Please feel free to advertise
it elsewhere, as you see fit.

MZMcBride

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Global_banners