[Foundation-l] Heads up: Wikipedia on Facebook

Kul Takanao Wadhwa kwadhwa at wikimedia.org
Fri Apr 23 17:11:45 UTC 2010

Hi Gerard,

On 4/22/10 1:32 PM, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> Will we learn the traffic data from Facebook? Will we be able to do the
> kind of data analysis that we do on our own traffic data ?

Great question. This involves some coordination with the usability team
and Dr. Z (Erik Zachte) so we should be able to do this when we're
ready. For example, Howie on the usability team said that he'd like to
analyze fb users and their subsequent editing behavior after arriving at
wikipedia and compare this to other traffic sources such as google and
our own home page. This could answer questions like: are fb users more
likely to edit given that they, on average, are already publishing on
the Internet through their status updates/comments/etc? It would be
really interesting to learn more here which would help us make better
decisions about other partners we should work with.

On a separate note, I owe you a follow-up answer on language support for
mobile. We're analyzing the situation now and I will reach out to you
directly on that.

--Kul