[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] IPA issues

J Alexandr Ledbury-Romanov alexandrdmitriromanov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 07:11:48 UTC 2010

Enabling a pop-up (for example) for the IPA prononciation would be a big
plus as far as I am concerned.
I've never quite got my head around it, but can see its usefulness. This is
particularly useful when the word is of non-English extraction: I find it an
added benefit to see the word in its original form (spelling and script),
notably when there is a local version of the word which has completely
transformed the native version (e.g. Londres from London, Maroc / Morocco
from المغرب‎).

Alexandr Dmitri