[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] IPA issues

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 23:19:54 UTC 2010

Hoi,
A lot of so called IPA out there is created by Americans for Americans and
expect that certain sounds can be expressed by the ordinary Latin
characters. The consequence is that such polution makes the whole of IPA
hard to use.

Consequently I argue that in order to save the usefulness of IPA at all we
HAVE to be academically correct in how it is expressed.
Thanks,
     GerardM