[Foundation-l] Essay

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Apr 21 18:25:17 UTC 2010

Your email is a bit too black and white: There are important articles in
Humanities, not just in exact sciences, and a Bob Dylan album is arguably a
touch more important than a South Park episode.

But in general you make an important point. In the Hebrew Wikipedia several
prominent editors adopted an attitude they call "Wiki A / Wiki B", which
they define more or less like this:
* To "Wiki A" belong articles that are likely to be used by students to do
homework. They should be as good as possible.
* To "Wiki B" belong articles about articles about pop culture, video games
and sportsmen. It's a waste of time and mental health to try to get "Wiki B"
articles deleted, but it's also a waste of time to get them improved.

Also, "Wiki B"-style articles rarely get to FA status in he.wp.