[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Announcement list is active

Huib! abigor at forgotten-beauty.com
Wed Apr 21 04:43:19 UTC 2010

Hello,

The creation of this list sound very good, but when I read the rules on
Meta I think the list is going to be spammed with non or less important
information.

Participation announcements for Wiki meet-up

I'm sure there is a Wiki meet-up every weekend around the globe, posting
this information to this list will probably spam. People interested in
joining wiki meet-ups would find it in a local site and this list would
probably reach to much people. Or there should be more information like
Wiki meet-ups bigger than X people or something like that.

Publication of new issues of Wikipedia signpost, Wikizine, and other

The same here, when people would subscribe to this list they want to
read about the announcements from the Foundation and there chapters, The
Wikipedia Signpost is a weekly post and I guess people wouldn't want to
subscribe to a announcement list en recieve multiple emails a week.

I would rather see to keep this list only for big events, announcement
from staff, chapters and board and keep the other smaller things off
this list.

Best regards,

Huib