[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Philippe Beaudette becomes Head of Reader Relations

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:30:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Philippe Beaudette
<pbeaudette at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Thanks Sue, and everyone else who wrote me on or offlist to express
> their congratulations or give me ideas.  I very much appreciate them!

Glad I caught this thread as I haven't been reading many of the posts lately.

Many congratulations, Philippe. I have had a fair few exchanges with
Philippe on the Strategy Wiki and he has never been anything other
than helpful, supportive and very easy to talk to.

I had some tough news today, so this has taken the edge off that. Yay!

It would be good to be informed if and when a job description is
posted up on the WMF site (if it hasn't happened already) so we get a
feel for what sort of issues Philippe is dealing with. I wouldn't
class myself as primarily a "reader" (I guess most of us reading this
mailing list wouldn't), so that makes me think he won't be a guy I'll
need to speak to in his new role, which is a bit of a shame.

User:Bodnotbod