[Foundation-l] Working on movement roles

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 18:19:00 UTC 2010

Personally I think it's preferable to alter/simplify existing roles than
further complicate an already complex organizational model by adding new
roles into the mix.

For example: it is inordinately difficult to form a chapter. I would ask wow
can make this easier, instead of inventing some new role to live alongside
it.

It takes *a lot* of time and energy to think up and put into place even one
new volunteer role in a highly distributed organization like ours. I would
say it takes less energy and is more rewarding to improve what we have.

Just me two cents,

Steven Walling