[Foundation-l] Invitation: RecentChangesCamp (RoCoCo) 2010

Laura Hale laura at fanhistory.com
Mon Apr 5 18:20:10 UTC 2010

Recent Changes Camp 2010: Montréal will be held June 25-26-27, 2010 at the
Comité Social Centre Sud (CSCS), located at 1710 Beaudry, in Montréal.

What is Recent Changes Camp, anyway?

Recent Changes Camp was born from the intersection of wiki and Open Space.
Since 2006, participants from all over North America and the globe have
gathered together for a common purpose: discussing the past, present, and
future of the technology and collaborative method that is wiki. RCC is a
chance for everyone in the wiki community, something we like to call Wiki
Ohana, to meet and have a fun, productive conversation about our passion for
wikis of all stripes.

Going far beyond technology, we're interested in wiki culture and other
networks/groups/etc. that share many of the values implicit in it — from
cultural creatives, to public participation and free culture advocates. If
you use a wiki or you value open collaboration, Recent Changes Camp is
created for you. RCC is about openness and inclusion, collaboration and
community, creativity and flow. Further down this page you can check out a
sampling of sessions we've enjoyed in the past, along with pictures and
videos from previous events.

This unconference/BarCamp has been held at least once every year since 2006
(and twice in 2007). Unlike a conventional conference, where everything's
pre-planned and structured, RecentChangesCamp is a gathering where we decide
for ourselves what we're going to get out of it by offering sessions each
morning on whatever we want (and of course ad hoc sessions can form at any
time). There's no agenda until we make it up! Now, that might sound a bit
chaotic if you're never been to this type of gathering, but be prepared to
be surprised at how much people can learn and create when they collaborate
spontaneously.

With an emergent agenda, it can be hard to describe specifically what you
will get from participating in Recent Changes Camp. In large part, that is
up to you to be responsible for. Participants often say greater sense of
wiki community, broader sense of wiki way and wiki tools, or more excitement
about our future together as well as inspiration and discovery.

At Recent Changes Camp, everybody is welcomed. You don't need to be an
expert on anything, and you certainly don't need to consider yourself a
geek. Collaboration thrives on diversity! All you need to bring is an open
mind, and a willingness to participate, whether by teaching or by taking an
active role in discussions. And, don't forget, an unconference is what we
make it, so let's make it enlightening and fun.

http://rococo2010.org/ <http://rococo2010.org/i>
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=114318455249901
http://twitter.com/rccamp
http://identi.ca/rccamp