[Foundation-l] Consensus on Meta for suspecting every volunteer of abuse ?

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Wed Sep 30 18:49:47 UTC 2009

"Amir E. Aharoni" <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

>> Of course Google has this kind of logs. However, Google is just not
>> transparant about it.

> Being transparent is nice and important, but being it is just as
> important to be nice. "Filter log" is just as correct and transparent
> as "abuse log", but doesn't make a newbie feel that he's accused of
> abuse.

"Filter" in current German discussions /can/ allude to the
semi-governmental content filters deployed by most major
German ISPs to deny users access to child pornography web-
sites.

  So, should we find a term that is suitable for all six
billion people on this planet, or should we covertly prefer
users who are curious enough to just click on that link to
find out what's behind it?

Tim