[Foundation-l] Office hours ... the concept of time zones

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Wed Sep 30 16:45:17 UTC 2009

Basically if there is room for two sets of office hours it should still
be possible to please most of the world. There are times when
Europe/Africa and the Americas overlap. And there are times when East
Asia/Australia and the Americas overlap .... There are no hours that all
3 of these rough zones would overlap really and West Asia/Middle East
would be a bit tricky to fit in with these zones.

Basically office hours for an Americas/East Asia/Australia zone would
overlap best from 0300 to 0500 UTC (Evening Americas, Morning/afternoon
East Asia/Australia and even west Asia could fit in)
Office hours for an Americas/Europe zone could be something like 1900
UTC till 2100 UTC (Afternoon/morning Americas, Evening Europe) When you
plan round and bout these hours most of the world would be satisfied and
able to participate in either one or the other set of office hours!

> I think having the thursday meeting one or two more hours later would work
> fine for Europe, so if that works also better for Australia... Not sure
> about the Friday one, although the next day is weekend. 2130 UTC sounds like
> a good time though.
>
> 2009/9/29 Angela <beesley at gmail.com>
>

>>> 1) Have the Friday office hours one hour earlier (from 21:30-22:30 UTC)
>>> 2) Have the Thursday office hours one hour later (from 17:00-18:00 UTC)
>>> 3) Keep two sets of office hours the same, we cannot please everyone