[Foundation-l] a heads-up on Wikimedia France's adventures with the Frenc...

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 20:24:14 UTC 2009

But they have not changed the license to the pictures. What they have
only done is changed the rights to part of the documentation: the
basic info needed to say what it is is CC-BY-SA, which is very good,
the long explanation and provenance information is NC, which is
acceptable. I fail to see how this is more valuable than the images
themselves. As the free part is only factual information, anyone could
use it to write an equivalent description.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.