[Foundation-l] Status of flagged protection (flagged revisions) for English Wikipedia.

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Mon Sep 28 20:10:05 UTC 2009

2009/9/28 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
> Of course. But I wasn't expecting a turn up on English Wikipedia yet.
> I'm asking why the 25 lines of configuration that EnWP specified have
> not yet been added to the test wiki at
> http://flaggedrevs.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

I'll review the current state of the prototype w/ Brion this week and
whatever needs to be done to get broader testing will get done ASAP.

>> and we're also concerned about the potential negative impact on
>> participation.
>
> Please help me understand the implications of this statement.

It simply means that

a) we want to make sure that for the production roll-out, the user
interface is not insane and appropriate to the specific en.wp
configuration that's been proposed;
b) we'll want to track participation metrics after the roll-out to see
what the impact of this technology is.

Accusations of "obstructionism" don't help; I understand where these
come from, but it's a massive case of assume bad faith. Please stop
it.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation