[Foundation-l] a heads-up on Wikimedia France's adventures with the Frenc...

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 10:20:48 UTC 2009

2009/9/28  <wiki-lists at phizz.demon.co.uk>:

>  From the earlier poster Teofilo:
>    I disagree. I think the priority is to have the full
>    resolution pictures of Public Domain works.
> That seems to be a demand to have the highest resolution copies possible.

That sets it out as a goal, not a demand.

But getting back to the case in question - we're talking about the
sort of museum that's actually a government sub-department. Thus,
public domain images that the taxpayer has *already paid for*. I see
nothing whatsoever unreasonable about the idea of asking-to-demanding
those. They're owned by the public, not by the museum bureaucrats.

- d.