[Foundation-l] strategic planning process update

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:24:14 UTC 2009

> timescale or level of granularity.   And each major stakeholder will
> have to choose their short-term efforts aligned with that longer-term
> strategy.

Oh, that's sounds a bit different for me:
The result of worldwide wiki-ish brainstorming will be sorta menu
given to each and every of said stakeholders and they will pick up the
... granules from it combining them into own strategy of that
stakeholder - like piking up 'meal' fitting their needs & preferences.
Did I get  the idea in a right (metaphor) way?

> And when there are mutually incompatible suggestions which have to be
> reconciled *for each party*, it will often be possible for different
> parts of the community and movement to pursue each idea.  I think of
> projects such as Omegawiki that way - it is incompatible with what is
> currently implemented as Wiktionary, and is supported outside of WMF,
> but clearly pursuing the goals of the movement.

It sounds like one more confirmation that process and it result will
be open, so any 'body' (either institution or person, as well as
group) will have a right to spin off some ideas getting them
out/outside of WMF.
Right?

Thinking along that way: I presume that after WMF will 'make it mind'
about 5-year strategy (ant apply the mentioned rubber stamp) the only
way to get some ideas (incompatible or not fully compatible with WMF
plan)
implemented will be to take them outside the WMF.

Oh
> ... community and movement ...
I thought those are synonyms? No?
Perhaps