[Foundation-l] Announcement: Jennifer Riggs leaves Wikimedia

stevertigo stvrtg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 06:19:11 UTC 2009

Sue Gardner <susanpgardner at gmail.com> wrote:
> The real problem won't be so much "who will take over the work" -- Jennifer had
> only been on the job about five months, so she was mostly in building/thinking
> /planning mode rather than executing mode.

Keep in mind that the "Wiki" way of doing things was never about
putting responsibility on just one or few shoulders. I simply mean
that if it's a matter of brainstorming, organizing, qualitative
prioritizing, and executing ideas, the disembodied gentry of the
Wikimedia community are always at your disposal.

It also occurs to me that it may also be quite relevant for others to
know exactly what Jennifer thought about her job. She's no doubt
intimately acquainted with each of her planned and proposed tasks, and
thus has a certain point of view and insight that others might regard
as relevant how they conceptualize and understand these particular
objectives and how to achieve them.  If she would she be interested in
commenting on such matters, Wikimedians may find these useful.

Regards,
-Stevertigo