[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Italia being sued

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 15:24:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Brian <Brian.Mingus a colorado.edu> wrote:
> To restate, there is a tendency in Italy for a media sensation to be made of
> purportedly legal matters when no legal actual legal processes have been
> initiated, and  no legal documents drafted. As you can see, the statement
> has nothing to do with Wikimedia Italia.

I agree, you often hear a lot of noise in the media with people saying
"I'm going to sue you" which end up in nothing. However, this time
it's quite the opposite: Wikimedia Italia has been sued and there is
basically no media report, except for the blogosphere. Ok, the person
suing us owns a couple of newspaper, the leader of his party a few
more + the TVs, but still, there are media belonging to someone else.

Cruccone