[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Italia being sued

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Thu Sep 17 20:39:09 UTC 2009

2009/9/17 Frieda Brioschi <ubifrieda at gmail.com>:
> 2009/9/16 Mike Godwin <mnemonic at gmail.com>:
>> We've had a lot of experience of spurious reports of lawsuits originating in
>> Italy.
>
> How many originating from Wikimedia Italia?
>
>> I'd like to see any official complaints that have been filed in Italian
>> courts (or elsewhere) against Wikimedia Italia.
>
> I'll forward to you a copy of the document in few minutes. It's in
> italian. Is it ok for you?
>
>> The chapter's defense (the
>> chapter doesn't produce Wikipedia content) should be straightforward under
>> any European legal regime, but obviously we will take an interest in any
>> case that seems to be going the wrong way.
>
> Even if Italy is part of Europe, sometimes I'm sure it's a so civil country..

Thank Frieda.  Mike's out of the office today meeting with the Mozilla
lawyers, but he'll take a look at this when he gets back.  Don't
worry: we will do whatever's necessary to support you :-)

--
Sue Gardner
Executive Director

415 839 6885 office
415 816 9967 cell

the sum of all knowledge.  Help us make it a reality!