[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Tue Sep 15 21:55:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Domas Mituzas <midom.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> > And that has proven to be a huge misjudgment.
>
> Which didn't entirely depend on us.

The WMF tremendously overestimated future hardware costs by making horrible
assumptions, which I pointed out on this very list.  That depended entirely
on the WMF.

This is entirely off-topic, and could be continued in wikitech-l, if
> you're really eager to tell how you modify compressed files "in
> place". ;-)

I've already posted a lot on the subject on wikitech-l, and I have most of
it already working at home.  If you'd like me to go further, I've already
posted my terms.  I'm not eager to tell how I did it.  I'm eager to finish
it, to put it into place, and to watch it work.  And that's not going to
happen at this time unless I can get daycare for my kids and a few bucks for
myself.