[Foundation-l] Expert board members - a suggestion

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 04:55:22 UTC 2009

Tim Landscheidt wrote:
> Given the fact that no candidate for the board seems to have
> campaigned prominently for this issue in this year's elec-
> tion and it does not even seem to have been mentioned in the
> two before, I do not see why the board should have decided
> otherwise.
>
>   As the re-prioritization seems to have primarily been
> triggered by River's rant to this very list, do you find his
> behaviour or the subsequent board decision disrepectful of
> the community?

This is not actually that large a surprise as it seems.

A candidate choosing dumps as his main plank of
attack in running for the board would most likely
be perceived as somebody working as a Trojan
Horse for a serious attempt to fork.

The one thing good dumps preserve is the possibility
of rejuvenating our projects should WMF ever fail -
heaven forfend! But they also not-inconsequently are
vital to an attempt at forking, even while the WMF
were alive and well.

So as a former candidate, let me just state that for
the best of reasons - sustainability - dumps are
indeed a priority for all that take sustainability
seriously. This is not a matter of opinion, but just
a bald fact.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen