[Foundation-l] Use of moderation

Erik Zachte erikzachte at infodisiac.com
Sun Sep 13 16:51:02 UTC 2009

For the record, I am one of those who did not speak up yet
(ref Austin) who would hope some of our power posters felt
less need to share every thought with the rest of us.

In a public debate few people with a firm stance can be
convinced to change their mind, so most polemical posts
can only hope to win over undecided onlookers.

Changes that that will happen also diminish fast as more
and more readers lose interest in a discussion.

I even fear that a new point of view after 20 replies
on a thread has less change of getting across
as many people already went their way.

There was a time when I tried to see all sides of debate.
Nowadays I tend to selectively read replies from people
who might have something to contribute.
To me that sounds like a bad signal to noise ratio.

Erik Zachte