[Foundation-l] Use of moderation

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 11:40:50 UTC 2009

2009/9/13 Henning Schlottmann <h.schlottmann at gmx.net>:
> This whole issue is one of information processing. Everyone has to learn
> how to deal with information in large amounts and on different media.
> But there have been a few generations of experience we can plug in,
> there are best practices and web boards are not among them.

It's not just information processing.
Everywhere conversations take place, that place has a tone.

My feeling is, having robust, challenging conversations is important.
But does that require the present tone of f-l? From what I've seen on
other mailing lists -- Not at all. So why tolerate it, when it causes
people to disengage, and discourages them from engaging at all?

Brianna

http://modernthings.org/