[Foundation-l] Do we have a complete set of WMF projects?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Sep 12 20:23:53 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com <
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Just updated http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_du_Change
> has a link to this :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/26127031
>
> But realistically, we need to be able to match them together with
> error tolerances.

Using the unique ID is probably better, and works with ways like:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/6678417 (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Kennedy_Onassis_Reservoir)

and

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/12174465 (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_Street_(Philadelphia))

which are currently linked in Wikipedia by coordinates.  (Hmm, I guess the
the latter is a problem when the road is split into multiple ways, this
might need some sort of relation.)

Which is getting a little off topic, since the idea is to include less
notable places that aren't accepted into Wikipedia (the playground around
the corner from my house).  But the same principles will apply.