[Foundation-l] Moderate this list

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 22:15:59 UTC 2009

> I believe what was meant by this is that we should codify policies the
> same way that all large Wikipedias have codified policies, NOT that we
> should adopt the same policies as en.wp or any other for that matter.

If we're talking about Wikipedias - yes.
But if we are talking about moderation policies for this particular
mailing list (what was and still is the context - if I'm not mistaken)
codification will not work:
moderator will ban me (it's only mind game I do hope :) ) according to
en:WP rules, I will appeal according to uk:WP rules and, say, Yaroslav
will object my appeal according to ru:WP rules  while you will support
my appeal according to some other rules.

Or you mean 'codification' as 'put all rules systematically/structured
and in written'?
If so it's exactly the basic proposal of Anders Wennersten:

> -Document wanted behavior rules on meta in the same way as on wikipedia
> (wp:et, wp:not, no chat, do not overload etc)

and perhaps Yaroslav  just missed "in the same way as" and understood
that as proposal to adopt en:WP rules without any adaptation to
multicultured (did I used the proper word?) community of this mailing
list and/or Meta