[Foundation-l] Report to the Board of Trustees June 2009

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:10:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Michael Snow <wikipedia at verizon.net> wrote:
>> I'm not sure what part of the criteria you're reading to paraphrase them
> in those contingent terms. To quote from the page itself, "If your
> chapter is still in development, you can still apply for funds
> (especially when they are relevant to getting your chapter off the ground)".
>
> --Michael Snow
>> [1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Local_chapters
>> [2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_chapters/WMF_grant
>
> --

You're right, Michael - in an e-mail to the other thread I was a bit
more clear with my question, which was in two parts - had the chapter
been recognized, and if not was ChapCom involved? (I have no reason to
doubt this, just thought I'd ask.) I also asked how money was
disbursed in the absence of a legal entity to take responsibility for
it, and what monitoring steps were planned, which I'm still curious
about. Sorry for the unclear wording.

Nathan