[Foundation-l] Do we have a complete set of WMF projects?

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:48:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM, Robin P. <robinp.1273 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the past there were several project proposals on incubator, but we
> deleted them because they were not active. Since then, tests for new WMF
> projects are not allowed. If they were still allowed, Incubator would be
> full of inactive projects. Even now, there are inactive test projects for
> new languages, because the procedure is difficult and takes a very long
> time. I assume requests for creating entirely new projects would require
> even more difficult and longer procedures, resulting in an Incubator full
> of
> inactive tests.

I don't think that deleting them is a good idea,. Perhaps you can "archive"
them after a certain period of inactivity, but the incubator should allow
project ideas to be revived and should give projects plenty of time to
become active. There must be a carrot of course - the WMF should make some
sort of statement about how successful a project should become, and what
sorts of vision it might have, for them to commit more resources to it.