[Foundation-l] Use of moderation

Everton Zanella Alvarenga everton137 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:32:10 UTC 2009

2009/9/9 Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com>:

> Some modern forums have features that can interact very intelligently
> with email, which to my mind might be the best of both worlds.  Such
> things would still allow the features you mention such as thread
> locking and removal of abuse from the archive, but would also allow
> people to continue to receive email copies of posts if that is what
> they prefer.

I just wrote about Google Group solution at meta

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Improving_Foundation-l#Possible_solutions

where a person can use email or Web interface, as they want. You can
even rank every post and every comment (people with a lot of negative
votes could think twice about their posts/emails).

For sure there are other (better) technical solutions, but this is
easy to implement and I think it's worth trying.

Regards,

Tom

--
http://blogdotom.wordpress.com/sobre