[Foundation-l] open IRC meeting w/ Wikimedia Trustees: this Friday, 1800 UTC

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:29:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:40 PM, Michael Snow<wikipedia at verizon.net> wrote:
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> 2009/9/8 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Michael Snow<wikipedia at verizon.net> wrote:
>> The announcement makes it clear this is intended for the new board
>> members introduce themselves to the community and have a chat with
>> them, there is no real need for the rest of the board to have been
>> involved in the planning. I don't see why you thought it was an actual
>> board meeting.
>>
> Perhaps the jargon of agendas and meetings and minutes added to the
> confusion. A different framework that might be more fitting is to think
> of it like the "office hours" that the strategic planning team is

Yes, precisely.  I always find 'office hours' a bit confusing in the
same sense, when not used by a professor : whose office is it?  and
that feels less collaborative and more query-response than an open
meeting.  The reason for asking for community moderators and
note-takers is to emphasize that this is an open meeting, with the
agenda defined by the participants.  Please feel welcome to change the
language on the Wikimedia meetings page.

SJ