[Foundation-l] open IRC meeting w/ Wikimedia Trustees: this Friday, 1800 UTC

Michael Snow wikipedia at verizon.net
Tue Sep 8 18:58:56 UTC 2009

Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Samuel J Klein<sj at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> Speaking of which, I'm also looking for someone to organize the
>> minutes.  [NB: you don't have to be present during the chat to do
>> this.]  Again, pls contact me off-list.
>>
> Doesn't the board have a role designated to take minutes at meetings?

It does, but this is not an official meeting for the board to conduct
business, it's a meeting to provide people in the community with a
chance to have a discussion with the new board members. As such, I'm not
sure it's meaningful to have minutes, but as mentioned it will be an
open meeting and I'd think there should be no objection to publishing
the entire log. And if "minutes" is taken to mean simply a summary of
the discussion, no doubt that would be welcome as well.

--Michael Snow