[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 02:25:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Domas Mituzas<midom.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gerard,
>
>> Remember, the Signpost is an en.wp publication. It is not really the
>> place
>> to announce such things.
>
> it is up for Signpost editors if they want to include it or not. Not
> your business :)
>
> BR,

I guess I shouldn't have stopped reading this thread so early on.

I wrote "News and notes" this week but I didn't end up mentioning the
sub-lease/move in this week's Signpost because it just didn't seem
very important. But I do consider it part of the Signpost's mission to
report on Foundation matters, and more than that, to help push for WMF
transparency and accountability to the community.

I don't like the idea that what the Signpost does is "our" business
and not "your" business, for various intracommunity values of us and
you.  Despite being based on en.wp, we're trying to become more useful
to the broader Wikimedia community/communities.  (To that end,
OhanaUnited is reviving the Sister Project Interviews series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:OhanaUnited/Sister_Projects_Interview
.  And both news reports from other projects and reflective pieces
about what it's like to work on individual non-English projects versus
their English counterparts are very welcome.)

The "we" of the Signpost is anyone from the Wikimedia community who
wants to contribute.

-Sage