[Foundation-l] Proposal: Commons Force

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:30:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Jovan Cormac<limulus at gmx.net> wrote:

> That's a great idea. They might even do it...

Thanks! :o)

I can't think of any huge reasons for them not to. I don't think it
would reduce their traffic. I suppose there's "why should they?" I
think it would be an improvement to the user experience and I'm sure
Flickr would want to stay ahead of competing picture hosts. But I'm
not entirely sure that's a convincing argument. Even though I would
think that it wouldn't be hard for them to introduce that
functionality, the "why should they?" argument perhaps needs to be
addressed with something a bit more convincing.

I'm not really familiar with Picasa and I don't know whether they have
licensing schemes, but if they do it might be worth approaching them
too.

Personally I would be a proud Flickr user if I uploaded something and
someone else placed it in an article.