[Foundation-l] WMF seeking to sub-lease office space?

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Sep 4 19:55:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Chad <innocentkiller at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Yes, as noted in our 09-10 plan, we are relocating to a new space, as
> a consequence of which the current satellite office will be re-merged
> into the new HQ. We're hoping to sublet the Stillman space..."
>
> This part was serious (I think).

I think so too, but I'd rather hear it from Erik than hear your guess or
guess at it myself.

> "...once we've covered up the entrance to our secret underground lair
> of doom and
> despair, and removed all artifacts of alien technology."
>
> This part was a joke (I think). Specifically, he was joking about some
> people's
> tendencies to find conspiracy theories when none exist.

Right, yeah, that part was a joke, but does that mean the part about "hoping
to sublet the Stillman space" was, serious, a joke, something else?  It was
an incredibly unprofessional answer.  Unless the WMF's purpose is to confuse
the issue, it should come up with a serious response.