[Foundation-l] Akahele: Omidyar venturing out

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 02:14:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Anthony<wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> Once again I have to ask, this time in a different forum...  Is there any
> procedure to get those vicious personal attacks taken out of the publicly
> viewable history?

I am gobsmacked that you are asking this here and saying that you
haven't received answers when you asked in a different forum (which
forum?).

Removal of vicious personal attacks depends on the nature of them.

If they are potentially libelous, suppression[1] can be used.  In
other cases, "poor mans oversight"[2] is often used by admins and
oversight volunteers.

1. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia:Oversight
2. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Wikipedia:Poor_man%27s_oversight

--