[Foundation-l] 31 august, 20 years of our national holiday "Our romanian language" in Moldova, mo.wikipedia still in cyrillic !

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 07:45:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 09:08, Mark Williamson<node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> If your language is called "Romanian",

As a sidenote I observe a strong tension between The Romanian People
and others related to the country but separated from it, or got
involved its history. Often I see violent desire to separate
everything possible (often from both ends), including history,
language and general culture. It is like Russian culture versus
countries left Russian occupation: they try to get as far from it as
possible. This will is _very_ strong, and usually not about some few
individuals but the nations in question as a whole. Cannot, and
probably should not just shrugged away.

My 2 'cents.

--
 byte-byte,