[Foundation-l] 31 august, 20 years of our national holiday "Our romanian language" in Moldova, mo.wikipedia still in cyrillic !

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 07:15:00 UTC 2009

> 2) I do not remember the policy to host the same language in different
> scripts, but if we support that, we should follow the already applied
> naming convention (I tend to remember something similar about serbian
> wp?)

In general the policy is that if we can create a converter we should.
In this case it is possible to create a pretty good conversion system
- there are relatively basic rules although there are exceptions which
could be easily programmed - but I don't anticipate the ro.wp
community would be too thrilled about having an tab to view their
Wikipedia in Cyrillic. If we did so though I imagine that would mostly
resolve this issue once and for all.

Mark