[Foundation-l] Recent firing?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 19:24:09 UTC 2009

2009/10/31  <WJhonson at aol.com>:
> In a message dated 10/31/2009 8:51:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> thomas.dalton at gmail.com writes:
>

>> where sensationalised rumours get spread because of
>> a lack of accurate information.>>
>
> I think it's a little pre-mature to say that it's a sensationalised rumour
> speading because of a lack of accurate information.  What we know so far is
> someone said "was he fired?" and now we know he has a last day posted.  It's
> a little odd to work for only a few months at a job though.  So "fired"
> wouldn't be a bad guess.  "Quit in a huff" could be another guess.

As I said above, he wouldn't be working a month's notice if he had
been fired. "Resigned by mutual agreement" is more likely. I guess
either a) he didn't fit in in the office, b) the job turned out to be
not quite what he was expecting or c) he had some kind of major change
of plan. None of those options really makes for a good rumour.