[Foundation-l] Dumb survey about Commons

Tgr gtisza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 06:43:18 UTC 2009

While I don't agree wit most of the criticisms (this is a survey after all, not
a philosophy thesis; asking extremely precise questions is not the point), the
--/++ questions do seem like a bad design choice. There should be at least clear
indication whether an absoulte answer is expected (if I contribute very rarely
to Commons, then I will do all the activities very rarely), or a relative one
(most often/least often). If the two types of answers are mixed, the results
will be meaningless.

Also, next time you should set up a test version of the survey for translators.
Not only does this make their work easier, you get dozens of testers for free.
E. g. when I translated the survey, I assumed the question about why you do not
use Commons is an alternate path to the ones about the way you use it. If I knew
it will be asked from everyone, I would have noted that it needs to be rephrased.