[Foundation-l] Wikipedia meets git

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 20:08:39 UTC 2009

Wow,
I am impressed.
Let me remind you of one thing,
most people are working on very small subsets of the data. Very few
people will want to have all the data, think about getting all the
versions from all the git repos, it would be the same.
My idea is for smaller chapters who want to get started easily, or
towns, regions to host their own branches of relevant data.
Given a world full of such servers, the sum would be great but the
individual branches needed at one time would be small.

mike