[Foundation-l] [Announcement] Guillaume Paumier joins the Ford multi-media usability project

Joshua Gay joshuagay at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:18:51 UTC 2009

Congratulations, Guillaume, and best of luck. If the modern proverb, "a
picture is worth ten thousand words", is true,  then right now commons is
worth over 50 billion words!

-Josh

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Naoko Komura <nkomura at wikimedia.org>wrote:

> It is my real pleasure to announce that Guillaume Paumier has joined the
> usability team as Product Manager of the Ford multi-media usability
> project.  Guillaume has been the author of Wikipedia articles, Wikipedia
> handbook and active Commons contributor since 2005, and served as a
> board member of French chapter from 2007 to 2009.  He also coordinated
> the chapter meeting in Berlin for German chapter earlier this year.
> Outside of the "Wikimedia universe", Guillaume is actively advocating
> potential of Wikimedia Commons and has taken steps to create ties
> between Wikimedia and desktop imaging applications.
>
> Guillaume has a master's degree in nanotechnology from Institut national
> des Sciences appliquées and a PhD in microsystems for life sciences from
> Université Paul Sabatier, both in Toulouse, France.
>
> Guillaume will be working remotely as a consultant until the visa to
> work in the United States is approved.  He can be reached at
> gpaumier at wikimedia.org.
>
> Please join me welcoming Guillaume.
>
> Naoko Komura
> Program Manager
> Usability Initiative
> Wikimedia Foundation
>
> --
> Support Free Knowledge:  http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate

I am running a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Can you help me
reach my fundraising goals? Visit
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/pfchangs10/joshuagay