[Foundation-l] Wikipedia meets git

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:53:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 3:39 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
<jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> see my new blogpost word leve blaming for wikipedia via git and perl ...
> http://fmtyewtk.blogspot.com/2009/10/mediawiki-git-word-level-blaming-one.html
> Problem is that github does not like this amount of processor power
> begin used and kills the process, you can do a local git blame.
>
> Now we have the tool to easily create a repository from wikipedia, or
> any other export enabled mediawiki.

Fantastic!

If you need more processing power, the toolserver may be willing to
give you an account in order to host it, if you can keep the repo
small enough, especially if you can provide a wikiblame tool which is
usable.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Toolserver

https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Account_approval_process

--