[Foundation-l] Wikipedia meets git

Joshua Gay joshuagay at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 05:19:53 UTC 2009

This is very awesome. I am in the early stages of trying to scope out a
small side project to do a mediawiki <-> git bridge; it is very
challenging.  Being able to download the complete edit history in this
fashion is extremely useful. Thank you very much for sharing this work.

-Josh

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 12:45 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com <
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:40 AM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
> <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Then why are you using git?
> >
> > I am not most users. I am using git because I think it is the best way
> > forward to implement many of the ideas discussed in the strategy wiki.
>

> if you want only the last 3 revisions checked out , it takes about 10
> seconds and produces 300k of data.
>
> git clone --depth 3 git://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/KosovoWikipedia.git
>
> du -h gittest/
> 252K    gittest/
>
> Log file :
>
> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home_data2/2009/10/KosovoWikipedia/gittest/KosovoWikipedia/.git/
> remote: Counting objects: 21, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10/10), done.
> remote: Total 21 (delta 3), reused 20 (delta 3)
> Receiving objects: 100% (21/21), 40.98 KiB, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (3/3), done.

I am running a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Can you help me
reach my fundraising goals? Visit
http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/pfchangs10/joshuagay