[Foundation-l] Fwd: [openmoko-announce] WikiReader

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 13 21:41:17 UTC 2009

2009/10/13 Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com>:
> From the demo video TechCrunch did, it looks like they are doing filtering
> which you can turn on selectively.

My understanding is that it's a simple keyword filter, so I wouldn't
expect too much from it.

We've played with the product during its development and connected
them with some people in the community; the last versions I've seen
don't have most of the early bugs anymore, though there's still plenty
of room for improvement as well. It remains to be seen whether it can
be commercially successful, but it's still nice to see alternative
approaches to distributing free content. I've put up a blog post about
it here:

http://blog.wikimedia.org/2009/10/13/openmoko-launches-wikireader/

--
Erik Möller