[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Guillaume Paumier guillom.pom at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:17:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 9, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Gregory Kohs <thekohser at gmail.com> wrote:

> It may be equally accurate to say that I have earned "a few thousand
> dollars" this year, or in my lifetime, or that comprises the budget of the
> State of Indiana.  I was hoping for an accurate figure, not a carefree
> estimate, Brion.

I find it amusing to read this from someone who doesn't see any
reasoning flaw in mixing absolute and relative quantities when
comparing the ED/CEO's salary and the organization's expenditures.

> A more efficient organization might have waited to launch the Usability
> Initiative staff/contractor expansion until AFTER the Foundation moved to
> larger space.

Right. After all, usability is not so much of a concern, is it?

>  I'm just trying to get you guys another star the next time
> Charity Navigator rolls around with an impartial review.

Of course you are. Nobody here would dare assume that you're trolling.
We know you're only thinking about the best interest of the Wikimedia
movement.

Thank you for all your work and your dedication to making Wikimedia
better, Gregory.

--
Guillaume Paumier
[[m:User:guillom]]