[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Gregory Kohs thekohser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:33:34 UTC 2009

Brion says:

++++++++++

A few thousand dollars in rent for the Usability Initiative's space...

++++++++++

It may be equally accurate to say that I have earned "a few thousand
dollars" this year, or in my lifetime, or that comprises the budget of the
State of Indiana.  I was hoping for an accurate figure, not a carefree
estimate, Brion.

A more efficient organization might have waited to launch the Usability
Initiative staff/contractor expansion until AFTER the Foundation moved to
larger space.  I'm just trying to get you guys another star the next time
Charity Navigator rolls around with an impartial review.  So far, I've seen
a lot of puffing about "overhead" and "strategy", but nothing very tactical
about how this organization efficiency rating might be improved... unless,
the point of the official response is to simply downplay the importance of
such a rating, in which case, I would say mission very well accomplished.

Greg