[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Thu Oct 8 21:39:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 5:14 PM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have had a number of excellent deep discussions with high school,
> college, grade school teachers about Wikipedia and the ones who pay
> more attention than "Someone copied the Wikipedia entry as an essay"
> generally have a more nuanced and productive view of things.  They are
> aware we aren't a primary source, and the risks of any secondary
> source... Such as Britannica and World Book, too.

One would think from these discussions you might have learned that
Wikipedia, Britannica, and World Book are tertiary sources.

My wife is a high school teacher, but she doesn't really pay more
attention than "Someone copied the Wikipedia entry for their
homework".  You'd think as a Calculus teacher she wouldn't run into
that very often, but actually it happens all the time.