[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Mike Godwin mnemonic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 20:49:18 UTC 2009

Gregory Kohs writes:

> For comparison, witness an organization cited by Charity Navigator as
> "similar" to the WMF -- the Reason Foundation -- and see how their Expenses
> are a much larger portion of revenue for them, and thus obtain a 3-star
> rating:
> http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7481

My long-time friends at the Reason Foundation wish very much that they and
their programs could have the same kind of impact in the world that the
Wikimedia Foundation and its programs have.  Compare, for example, the Alexa
rankings of wikipedia.org and reason.com.

Full disclosure: I'm a contributing editor to Reason magazine.

--Mike